Wire EDM Department
Wire Tech is constantly expanding to accommodate the latest technology in the EDM Sink and Wire industry. Our company is equipped with the most advanced WEDM, EDM and fast hole drilling machines available. Most machines capable of running wire sizes from .004 – .014. Cutting areas range from 19.7″ x 13.8″ x 11.8″ tall. We specialize in four axis contouring. Our facility is equipped with the following machines:
3 – FX10 Mitsubishi
2 – FA-V Mitsubishi
1 – FX20K Mitsubishi
1 – Fx-10K Mitsubishi
1 – Sodick ALN600G
1 – MV1200R
Our Newest Additions
Our two FA-10V lead the way at 47sq”/hr in hardened D2 steel. This is the world’s fastest high-accuracy wire-cut EDM
• New World Record Holder: 170sq”/hr in 4″ aluminum
• “V500” Ultra High-Speed Power Supply
• Ultra high speed full time anti-electrolysis power supply
• 47 sq”/hr using 0.014″ high-speed “V” wire in 2.5″ D2 steel
• 40 sq”/hr using 0.012″ high-speed “V” wire in 2.0″ D2 steel
• 30 sq”/hr using 0.012″ plain brass wire in 2.0″ D2 steel
Current CNC Ct300
Our fast hole drilling machines are used to drill holes in many types of material from aluminum, carbide and any steel hard or soft. With holes sizes from .004 -.250 diameter as tall as 11″ high.
With our CNC machine we can drill many holes in each part using our off line programming station which allows us to check locations before any drilling begins
Our current CNC is a submerged machine allowing us to drill holes on difficult angles and without over burning on surfaces. We have the capabilities to drill production runs or single parts
EX – 8 Edm Sinker
• The EX – 8 has a working areas of 9.8 x 11.8 x 9.8″
• Maximum workpiece weight ranges from 1210lb.
• Traveling column design has created a saddle-less ram structure with a low center of gravity. This lighter weight system increases rigidity while reducing heat deformation for improved response.
• FP power supply with LC and BEP circuitry speed up roughing times and improve large area electrode finishing.
• Fuzzy Pro with MF adapter automatically adjusts machining current to match the electrode surface area in contact with the workpiece. E.S.P.E.R. is the new easy simple programming system that makes multicavity programming a snap.
• The EX-8 is also equipped with SP Circuitry which is especially important when cutting carbide.
Wire Tech uses the most advanced wire software on the market today. ESPRIT 2009 is a high-performance, full spectrum, computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) system for full range of machine tool applications.We can import many common compatible file types: Solid works, Autocad, Cadkey, Dxf, Iges and many others. Our preferred file type is a parasolid X_T format.
WireTech also has the ability to plot large scale drawings with a HP Plotter as well as make copies with our HP Blueprint copier. This enables us to receive files and prints through emails then plot prints for better quality also saving our customers mailing time.
Running out of time to prep blocks for WEDM/EDM? No problem! We have a fully equipped toolroom with CNC milling, bridgeport machines, and automated grinding machines and heat treating.
We are ISO 9001-2015 Certified!
As part of our commitment to quality, we rigorously test our products before we ship them. Some of our equipment includes:
1 – OGP QL-30 Contour projector with 30″ screen equipped with OPG’s smart check and smart fit automated part inspection software.
1 – Rockwell tester
1 – Nicon 14″ comparator
1 – Set of 1″ – 12″ micrometers
4 – Granite surface plates
2 – Mitutoyo height master gages
vast assortment of plug and block gages